Ideas for a "show fish"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love the zebra lion but have been told that it would eat my six line and my scooter, I also have a reef so I don't want it to be blinded by my leds as I heard it can happen. Ideas?? It's for a 120g.

What about something like a Picasso trigger ... Great looking fish

woody390 said:
What about something like a Picasso trigger ... Great looking fish

I'd love to have an aggressive tank but already have peaceful fish so I don't think I'll be able to do a trigger. Sweet looking fish though thank you

Ajm said:
Oh wow that's a beautiful fish! I'm gonna leave the crabs and snails I have in my smaller tank. I do have coral though

Tusks don't touch corals, just shrimp/snails. Depending on your specimen they may not even go after the inverts.

AquaRick said:
Tusks don't touch corals, just shrimp/snails. Depending on your specimen they may not even go after the inverts.

Ill definitely need to ask my lfs if he can get one in its an awesome looking fish. Do you know if they're hardy??

Yes pretty hardy carnivore. Less susceptible to ich than tangs etc. Make sure you don't get doped into getting an Indonesian tusk @ an Australian tusk price

Maybeva flashing tilefish? Not sure on the tank size recommendations but they are awesome

AquaRick said:
Yes pretty hardy carnivore. Less susceptible to ich than tangs etc. Make sure you don't get doped into getting an Indonesian tusk @ an Australian tusk price

Great I keep up on my tanks and everything but It bothers me when fish are just really fragile. Ya definitely with that type of money on a fish it's gonna be exactly what I want or nothing

paul87 said:
Maybeva flashing tilefish? Not sure on the tank size recommendations but they are awesome

Do they change colors?? I saw it was also called the chameleon filefish

Yes they change colors fast too. Its pretty awesome. I think they only do it alot when stressed though. Check out the videos on these guys. They are pretty pricey though. Here's a video of one changing colors.

wow that tilefish is awesome.
Also I would go with the harlequin tuskfish. Make sure it's from my wonderful home of australia, not indonesia.lol. The Aussie ones have much better colouration

Ditto on the tusk. It's a looker. We have one in QT now from Australia. Pricey, but beautiful!!!!

Good luck

Ditto on the tusk. It's a looker. We have one in QT now from Australia. Pricey, but beautiful!!!!

Good luck

true that, but Lucky me, because I live where these beauties are caught around a 4-5" would cost maybe $60 A full grown 10" about $110.

You guys are lucky in america because most of the other marine fish in the aquarium industry are a lot cheaper over there than here, same goes for freshwater. Like a 3" blue diamond discus would cost $60 here and it's like what 30-40bucks over there. Ohhh well that's just the way it is. Lol

paul87 said:
Yes they change colors fast too. Its pretty awesome. I think they only do it alot when stressed though. Check out the videos on these guys. They are pretty pricey though. Here's a video of one changing colors.

Dang that's a must now that I've seen it in action! Reminds me of deep ocean fish. Ill have to ask my lfs if he can get me one!

We paid 200.00 for our tusk. All the livestock from down under is pricey, but my next purchase will be some Australian acan lords for the reef tank.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom