Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah there's quite a lot of live rock with algae all over certain places. I did see him nip at the rocks once so hopefully this is where he'll get some nutrition.

And since I'm not allowed to post within 12 hours following my last post...

I've picked up some mysis shrimp and will give that a shot. The LFS didn't have an garlic additives at the time but I'll pick that up tomorrow or the day after if needed. He did comment that he wasn't sure why they don't stock it given how much of a feeding frenzy it sends fish into, so that sounds promising.

I'll post an update here once I find out how he takes to it.

flanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow the fish was only in the store for three days before you bought him? I would definitely say he is stressed then. I have always been advised to only buy fish that you have physically seen eating at a LFS. Most good stores won't even sell you a fish until they have been there at least a week to ensure health and diminish stress. Any way my previous post is still the same. Time, garlic, etc...

Old 09-27-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

SUCCESS!

It's been almost two weeks but he's finally started eating.. and boy is he a pig! I've found that these marine pellets are just gold for him, so I'm exceptionally happy about this!

Thx for the advice!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Feron Send a message via Yahoo to Feron
They live off the algae on the rocks no prob.. had a potter's angel that didn't eat offered foods for quite a while... he was just doing what they do naturally and eating algae..

In the future, one could also take algae sheet and tie it to a chunk of live rock with fishing line to somewhat simulate natural growth..
It helps the fish get used to the taste of the food while presenting it in a less alien fashion then a clip on a glass wall with a human staring at it

Glad he is eating, be sure to get it on something besides the pellets tho, he'll need a well rounded diet (of sorts).
Garlic is a great thing, Selcon is a great thing, Zoe is a great thing. Getting that angel to eat something soaked in 2 of the 3 (I've never mixed selcon and zoe at the same time, afraid it'd be overkill) would be an awesome thing that'd bring out it's color and keep it happy and healthy.

(my now-not-shy potters angel that will eat from my hand and is strikingly gorgeous is a testament I'd think)...gl as always and ENJOY..
Old 09-28-2006, 12:37 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah I'll have to try and add some variety in there over time..

Tags
coral, coral beauty, eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com