Identify this fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That isn't the right picture. I know what a clownfish is.

That's the right picture^^^

I hate the new mobile app. And the new photobucket app. They suck.

That's an adult saltwater batfish (either orbicularis or Tierra) Can't tell for sure from this pic. Check out these pages:
Tierra Batfish (Platax teira) owner experiences.

Orbicular batfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, they get really large so be prepared with a large aquarium for them ;)

Hope this helps

Thank you Andy!! I don't want one in an aquarium. It just pops up on my Apple TV often and it was bugging me to not know what it was. :) you were very helpful!!!

Def not a Juvenile. Here's a juvy Oric:
http://www.seascapestudio.net/reference/fishes/platax_orbicularis.jpg
Z

here's a Juvy Tierra:
http://s6.photobucket.com/user/revhtree/media/R2R Site Images/Z6051636-Longfin_batfish-SPL.jpg.html

Z

And for good measure ;) , here's a juvy Pinnatus:
http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/images/products/Fish/large/platax_pinnatus.jpg
9k=

The only real difference that I've seen in the adults of these fish is the Pinnatus are a more silvery color as adults than the Orbics and Tierras. They all lose those lovely long fins and juvy colors :( ( Just like kids, you wish they would stay small forever. :D ) lol

Hope this helps

Thank you Andy!! I don't want one in an aquarium. It just pops up on my Apple TV often and it was bugging me to not know what it was. :) you were very helpful!!!

No problem. Glad to help (y) Too bad they don;t show the whole school swimming together. There's an awesome site to see (y)

Enjoy your TV :D

Wow that juvenile pinnatus is amazing. Wish I could fit one in my nanos. I think I may need a big tank......

Wow that juvenile pinnatus is amazing. Wish I could fit one in my nanos. I think I may need a big tank......

Yeah,those Juvy Pinnatus are amazing but they are a bit difficult to keep at that size. Older, larger ones are easier to get to feed but by that point, the silver middle stripe is in there :( As for keeping in a nano tank, they'd outgrow any nano really quickly. No batfish is a good nano tank fish. :nono: ( What you can do is make a picture background of this one and tape it to the back of your tank. He'll stay those colors forever. (y) )

Oh I know, I would never put a fish like that in any of my current tanks. Will be buying a house after the wedding here in the next year or so and am already in the planning/pricing stage of my dream tank,a 9'x3' x 18"shallow reef should be ~ 250g in the DT. I'll have to do some more research but you may have given me a great center piece idea. :)

Oh I know, I would never put a fish like that in any of my current tanks. Will be buying a house after the wedding here in the next year or so and am already in the planning/pricing stage of my dream tank,a 9'x3' x 18"shallow reef should be ~ 250g in the DT. I'll have to do some more research but you may have given me a great center piece idea. :)

Glad to help (y)
It's amazing what you can put in a tank ( so to speak) today with photoshop :brows::lol:

Sounds like a nice tank you want to build. I used to have the plans for a 5,500 gal tank (approx.10'x8'x8')but never could find the room. Now, I have the room ( outdoors), I can't find the darn plans :facepalm: Guess I need to start from scratch again :lol:

Back
Top Bottom