If my KH is 8 dkh then what is my calcium level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was that easy they would not sell Ca test kits.. This is an area where you don't want to be guessing. If its too high you can have problems with the tank, too low and some corals will not grow. Spend the $20 on a test kit..

If he told you that it could be done why did he not tell you how to do it? I would like to know this trick. There may be some scientific formula out there but IMO we need to take the guess work out and test.. JMO

ok i got a calcium test. it said that my clacium is at 600 miligrams/liter. is that good or bad??? thanks guys

philly said:
it said that my clacium is at 600 miligrams/liter. is that good or bad???
That would be bad! Ideally you want your Ca level to be with in 350-450 meg/l range. How did it get that high? What brand salt do you use and are you dosing any additives?

cplawrence said:
That is an excellent link, it will describe the relationship between Ca/Alk and the proper ranges for both.

I do not think 600 meg/l is even possible. 8O You would have a "snow storm" in the tank. Are you sure you tested correctly?

Back
Top Bottom