If you had $150 to spend, would you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have tried the cheato in emporer before. It's lasted a few weeks and turned white. It doesn't work IMO .

did you have a light on it?? I think lighting would be my main issue if i were to put cheato in there

If you have the room for another hang on item you can mod an aquaclear filter to be a fuge. Another option is to get something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/HB-210-Finnex...G2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1326840832&sr=8-11

I had one on my 20g tank, it holds about 1/2 gallon of water I believe. I had live rock and chaeto in mine. I only took it down cause there was just way too much stuff hanging off the rimless tank and it looked crappy. LOL

If you do go with the linked item I would get a rio200 as the pump the air pump way doesnt work so great. :)

Do yourself a favor. Save a bit more money and get a CPR aquafuge/protein skimmer. If you check eBay and Craigslist you may even get one pretty cheap. They are a combo unit and when I had mine it worked awesome. They can be pricey so do utilize Craigslist/eBay and wait for a used one. Also check your local reef club, someone there may also have one for sale. If you look on eBay there is also one made by odessea that works just as well and is basically a knockoff CPR. Aquatraders.com also sells it. IMO best way to go for you.

Thanks for the tip. Ive already looked into the CPR combo but the "small" combo kit is almost 20 inchers long and i have approximately 17 inchers of space on the back of my tank because of my filter. So thats a no go for me. I would like to get something to that sought, but i cant.

Swc skimmer !!!!!! a fuge that small is pretty useless only good for keeping pods not going to do nothing for your water quality like the guys at brs say with all the rock and sand in your tank what is that little extra sand and a piece of live rock doing ?? Nothing unless you have a fuge equal in size to ur display tank Pick up a swc on eBay cheap free shipping and no tax !! Tb aquatics

Back
Top Bottom