Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

If you have ever tried to talk to your fish....

My Analyst advised me that talking to my fish would be good therapy. At first, they would not reply (the fish not the analysts). But with patience and a little tenacity some of them finally began to speak; not in whole sentences at first mind you, but muted, whispered words. If memory serves, the first was the female Premnas biaculeatis "Submit", "Obey", and the like. Then the Tangs (in my 10 gal.) began to follow suit.
But they didn't fool me. I knew they were just pretending to like me; you know, the way Dad used to... The subversion soon began to rear it's ugly head. My first clue was when the Green Chromis began to swim together and whisper behind my back. I know conspiracy when I see it. Then the new Firefish would hide every time I approached the tank. AH...HAAAA.... the Ringleader...
So I told my wife; sometimes she talkes to me too. She gave her standard answer "Poke them with a stick!" So I did. They actually pretended to be scared and hide. It was just another trick to host another clandestine meeting whose purpose, among other things, was to undermine my authority. Now I'm really on the defensive. So I get a spare Maxi-Jet 1200 and by hand shoot the stream into every nook and cranny; skattering the rock, stirring up the Southdown into a cloud so thick that nothing could survive. After the dust settled they continued to pretend to be my friends. But I ain't that stupid. I have now taken out a contract on each and everyone of them. I know that the Brittle/Serpent Stars are on my side; they told me so. We'll just have to wait and see.
I've learned my lesson though: Never, ever talk to your fish, at least if you must, don't tell them the truth. They will certainly use it against you. I'm also loadin' up the HK-91 to pay a little visit to those analysts. I realize now that they were in cahoots with the fish all along.
PS My next project is to open up a dialog with my corals.
PPS Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get me.

Old 02-02-2003, 03:21 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Thats some funny stuff.

U know I admit I talk to my PBT. I tell it that its a pretty fish and that its a good fish for not getting ICH. Then I reward it with a nice square of Nori.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 03:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

LOL!

My hubby, Gabe, talks to our female clown...

"Ow! Quit it. OW! Quit IT! Don't bite. Stop biting. STOP! FREAK fish. I'm not even NEAR y0r lame eg... OW!"
Old 02-02-2003, 03:54 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to targaboy78
Hey Sidewinder,

Regardless, whether it is fact or fiction, ( hopefully fiction? )... Great story.

Do your write for a living? If not, you may be missing a "calling".

Hey fishfreek, IMO, this would make an awesome addition to a newsletter. Hint...
Old 02-02-2003, 04:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Happens every time my Thorazine perscription can't be refilled...
PS Targ, love your sig
Old 02-02-2003, 04:14 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ahh, man,.. my wife read your post from behind my back and muttered, "For Christ sakes, don't encourage him...".
Old 02-02-2003, 06:33 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

LMAO!!! I agree, you should do more of this. BTW, your fish were getting a kickback from the analyst :P You ever notice what you get when you break up the word The-rapist....

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:52 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

The dialog with the corals does not go well. They are pretending as though they do not hear me. But as I turn my back and walk away, I can hear whispers; can't quite distinguish their words, but each time they get minutely louder. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:09 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
please do..I have always been convinced that life is a diabolical plot against me and the most innocent looking are the ones to be worried about.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:40 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to troutman11111
yea, when my spoiled purple tank wants to eat he sees me then picks at my corals i yell at him and give in. if his tummy is'nt bulging hes still hungry.

75gal oceanic with 20 gal refugium, 750g.p.h.pump for HSA-250 skimmer, EHEIM-1250 PUMP FOR 200gph mincal. calcium reactor with 20lb co2 tank and co2 regulator with solenoid, 800G.P.H. overflow box pump and filter, aquaclearl 500 power filter for circulation and carbon use only,wave maker 900, 3x300g.p.h., pinpoint ph controller, delta star 1/3hp chiller.with 600g.p.h. pump, spectrapure automatic liquid level controller for the addition of ro.di.top off water, kent marine 4 stage delux maxxima 35g.p.d. hi-s, t.d.s. monitor, flush kit, 170lbs live rock, 5in sand bed, acropora's LG green,pink, and med purple, LG montipora encrusting purple, LG porities coral yellow, LG ruffled ridge coral, LG starburst coral green, green hairy mushrooms 100+, blue mushrooms, red mush, fluorescent green mush,green striped mush, bubble coral, LG finger leather and 2in baby, green ricordia mush, in refugium halimeda plant, caulerpa, and lot's of bug's. 1 purple tang, male and female percular clown's, 1 yellow wrasse
troutman11111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com