If you never had a home, would you miss it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey gang.

I have a couple of tank raised Ocellaris Clowns. And I am curious. Are they perfectly happy without an anenome? They have never seen one before, but I wonder if perhaps they are freaking out a bit because they are missing something...they just don't know what it is.

could this explaine their general quirky behavior?

Tank raised clowns probably don't know what an anemone is... They are def fine without them but they are just cooler with them.

I've seen mixed reports that tank raised perc's may not host to an anemone at all. Of course the only way to know is to try it, but you want an established, seasoned tank, that's at least 6 months old before you introduce something as delicate as an anemone.

I don't think they need an anemone, but I think they appreciate one. My clowns are tank bred f percs and within a week of adding a rba, they were happily living in it. Before that they were living in an open brain coral. I used to have another tank bred f perc that lived in a sebae also. This have been my experience with three tb f percs. Although they seemed happy with the coral, they spend more time in the anemone.

I have a 7 yr old clown that has never seen an anemone and he is one of my best fish for personality.

Back
Top Bottom