If you use frozen Cyclop-eeze...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use it.

How much I use? I only got 4 fish in my tank so I don't use much at all. A little goes a long way. I maybe shave off a little bit and defrost in a cup of ro/di water. I poor a little bit into the tank, wait for my fish to eat it all, poor a little more out, keep doing it and I stop feeding when I see my female perc stomach buldge out a bit and than I throw out the rest of cyclop eeze.

I only got 4 fish in my tank so I don't use much at all.
I assumed it was more for corals and filter feeders than fish. It's so small...
BTW Klam, any pics of your tank online? I'd love to see it everytime I read your equipment list LOL.

I use it for my corals and fish. Like mentioned, a little goes a long way. I use a plastic spoon and just scrape the brick with it. That's all they get and it's a 55gal tank. It hangs in the water column for a good while. I feed it every two to three days.

My fishs love cyclope eeze. I have yet to see my corals eat it. The water current just seems to sweep the cyclope eeze over pass the corals. Spot feeding will help a lot when feeding corals

Your welcome Michael.

klam, the only corals I have that actually react to the cyclops are my shrooms and yellow polyps. It takes a while for it to make it's way down but, it does eventually. As long as everyone is thriving, I assume they are getting enough, or don't need it. Either way, it gets eaten. It's good stuff for everyone.

I use Liquid Life Marine Plankton with Cyclop-eeze. Two squirts in the 72gal twice a week and one in the nano once a week.

I have a dedicated paring knife that I use to shave a little off into a cup of water. I use a pipette to spot feed my yellow polyps. ALL my fish (SW and FW) love the stuff too, so I tend to scrape off a lot at least once a week, and feed it to all 7 of my aquariums (only 1 is a SW tank).

Cyclop eeze is good for feeding fry, though you need to mix it up with other foods too. cyclop-eeze is high protien and fat, the good omega fats.

I cut some off the bar at first but what a PIA and my fingers always turned colors.
I now just dip the bar in the tank and wave it in the water and Im done in less then a min.....

I just take a knife and cut a few shavings in the tank.

I like Malkore's idea for spot feeding...I now need to find a pipette for this!

All the fish love it too!

WC

Back
Top Bottom