If you want fat happy fish, make your own food.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this is an old thread but are you still using this recipe. I'm looking for a good recipe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-C105A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am and I am running low on mine so I will be needing to make some more real soon.

I just bought a frozen seafood medley that includes calamari, mussels, octopus, and shrimp. It's a 1lb bag. I also got some tilapia. I will be adding vita Chem, garlic extract, and a sheet of nori. What type of ratio should I do with these ingredients. Really need to know how much vita Chem and garlic.

Not sure on the calamari it might be to rubbery for the fish to eat. Maybe someone with more experience in using calamari can chime in.

Yes squid but when we have gone to the restaurants I have heard that it is quite rubbery to eat. So I figured if it is rubbery for humans to eat then it would be difficult for fish to eat. But I could be wrong.

I just bought a frozen seafood medley that includes calamari, mussels, octopus, and shrimp. It's a 1lb bag. I also got some tilapia. I will be adding vita Chem, garlic extract, and a sheet of nori. What type of ratio should I do with these ingredients. Really need to know how much vita Chem and garlic.

I make enough for 6 months at a time, about half a mixing bowl worth. I use a shot glass and add a full shot of vita chem and about 1/2 shot of liquid garlic, because that stuff goes a LONG way.

Yes squid but when we have gone to the restaurants I have heard that it is quite rubbery to eat. So I figured if it is rubbery for humans to eat then it would be difficult for fish to eat. But I could be wrong.

You mince it up into easily eaten bite size chunks. They don't chew, they just gulp it down. Plus you don't cook it, that's what makes it rubbery I think.

I make enough for 6 months at a time, about half a mixing bowl worth. I use a shot glass and add a full shot of vita chem and about 1/2 shot of liquid garlic, because that stuff goes a LONG way.
What size shot glass?
uploadfromtaptalk1397913507448.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I use the big shot glass when I and my buddies drink tequila. Then we all swear we will never drink tequila again. This repeats a couple of times a year.

Gregcoyote you mentioned that you use liquid garlic which one I have seen a couple of liquid garlics?

Seachem Garlic Guard.

Good God does it stink.

Thanks.

Probably not as strong as what I did.... I put a lot of garlic in the food processor and then mixed in the food a while back and you can really smell it when I soak the food to get it soft before feeding to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom