I'm a freshwater guy but this fish is making me want salt so bad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

germanyt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I stopped at Petco today to pick up a 2 ft piece of black background and a few live plants. I spotted this gorgeous fish and now I'm itching to buy a new tank and start a reef.

emperor-angelfish-pomacanthus-imperator-image-13742-990141.jpg

Koran angel. Better think closer to owning the ocean lol they get to 1' 4" according to my book and require 350gallons. Beautiful fish though I want one but I know my 180 won't work for it.

it looks like a juvie emperor angel to me they look completely different when they reach adult and require 220 gallons

it looks like a juvie emperor angel to me they look completely different when they reach adult and require 220 gallons

You're right the closed circles at the end look more like an emperor. I just saw a Koran at the store and looked up the specs to find I couldn't house it in my 180. Koran angels have u shape lines rather than a circle

Beautiful fish. Someday I will take a stab at saltwater but need to master freshwater first.
Saltwater isn't as difficult as people make it seem. But it is much much more addicting and fairly expensive to get started

You're right the closed circles at the end look more like an emperor. I just saw a Koran at the store and looked up the specs to find I couldn't house it in my 180. Koran angels have u shape lines rather than a circle

my dad tried an emperor in his 180 and it left the coral alone but it harassed any fish he tried to put in there and killed a couple of not so cheap fish. he found somebody else who wanted it haha it is a beautiful fish but sometimes very aggressive

my dad tried an emperor in his 180 and it left the coral alone but it harassed any fish he tried to put in there and killed a couple of not so cheap fish. he found somebody else who wanted it haha it is a beautiful fish but sometimes very aggressive

Yeah I have my flame angel and it has left the corals and the other fish alone so far so I'm happy with him. Angels and butterflies are almost as beautiful as corals in a tank. Too bad they can't really co-exist in captivity.

Back
Top Bottom