I'm about to Tear down my tank! Frustrated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
I haven't even started to stock my new 75g tank and I'm almost ready to tear it down, and sell it all off.. Very Frustrated!

I have several posting on this site reguarding my issues with my water and I can't keep buying water it will cost me a fortune.

I am on well and the ppm reading is 335 x10 so tharts 3350ppm

I bought an RO/DI system. Today I produced about 15g of water with a 24h period! My DI is already dead! Completely brown, at first I was getting 0ppm but today when I got home from work it was reading 400ppm, it jumped right back up after the DI died out.

I don't know what to do!
I was thinking of getting a whole home water system but I have no idea what type of system I would need and that would prob set me back a few grand!

I put the 15g that the RO produced today into the tank now I have a yellow tint in my aquarium! Good thing I dont have any live stock....

A whole house system is a few grand; I think my sister paid $5000 for hers. You're just not in a good situation to keep a reef if your only water source is well water.

If the cost is a big concern right now you may want to consider freshwater. I've never kept full marine, but I just wanted to keep you in the hobby. There's some cool freshwater fish that you could keep in a 75 gallon tank. :) Freshwater costs a lot less... Don't throw away the hobby completely.

If your unit is fairly new, I would try contacting the company and see if they have any remedies that could fix your problem. You may even get them to send you a whole new product. What if you just try FOWLR?

Back
Top Bottom