I'm at a loss with protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes but then the level goes down in the neck

I've been researching and found that small bubbles are better which I have a ton of but no foamhead should I just raise the bubbles all the way into the collection cup?

As I mentioned before, the water level in your tank where the skimmer is should be constant and at the right level. Your picture shows your level is too low and that is not a good spot for a skimmer. Try to relocate it so that the water level outside the skimmer is higher or closer to the bottom level of the collecting cup.

Oh okay its in a wet dry not in a sump so the level everywhere is constant

Ummmmm what is happening I think I figured it out that the bubbles had to reach this thing that produced a foam head so I lowered the level all the way then this happened it was worse before
6atubu2a.jpg

Do I want the most air I can or no?

I unpuggled it then back in and its working fine wondering if I should raise the water level or let it be
ete4evy3.jpg

So it was working fine then bubbles stopped going into the cup why? I tried raising and lowering the level but still no foamhead?

Is this because there are no livestock in the tank

Back
Top Bottom