i'm in love with tractor supply!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uh.oh...

Aquarium Advice Freak
We all get the hardware we need from lfs, online, and those chain stores. Brute made trash cans mix our salts, or rubbermaids. Our sumps are acrylic, or diy glass tanks. Some of you out there knew the secret, but I just found out. Tractor supply caries rubbermaid feeding troughs and these awesome potable water storage containers (I just wish I had taken pictures). The containers have bulkheads at the bottom, so I can plumb them together to make mixing salt easy sauce. And they're marked on the sides in gallon increments, so I'll know exactly how much salt i'm making. Buy two, plumb together with pvc and add a couple of valves, i'm good to go. The feeding troughs have bulkheads on the top edge and at the bottom. I've been looking at Lowes and home Depot, local hardware stores and Wally World but never seen one. now I can finally build a refugium big enough to satisfy, without worrying about buying another tank, or having to drill it. Mr. saltwater tank (Mark Callahan) recently did a video of one of his clients' setups, and all I could do was wish I had it that easy. Now at least I know where the pros shop.

Back
Top Bottom