I'm kind of stumped about what's going on with my water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmdw4587

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm kind of stumped about what's going on with my water. I do a water change every Monday, feed every other day, run a protein skimmer and uv sterilizer. Yesterday my water was crystal clear and today it has a greenish tint. I have a salicin tang pair of tomato clowns algae Blenny long spine urchin bt anemone and some hermits. Any ideas what's going on? The only thing I've done different recently was dose with an aquarium sludge remover to help get rid of some light organic debris on my sand bed.

Those sometimes tend to cloud the water up but will usually clear within a day or so. It creates a small imbalance of sorts that should work itself out, just get a WC ready just in case!

The excess nutrients left by the "sludge remover" has cause an algae bloom in your water column.Like cosmo mentioned,theres an imbalance of nutrients at the moment.Keep up with water changes and reduce flow on your UV filter giving the algae more "contact time" with the UV light which will help clear it up in a short order.

Back
Top Bottom