Im on a mission!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been battling back Aiptasias for months now, with very little progress. Now i see why. Behind some of my bigger rocks are some HUGE Aips. I am gonna finally bite the bullet, pull out some of these huge rocks and KALK these guys. Wish me luck! Some a big enough to pull me into the tank and eat me! Today you may call me "THE ERADICATOR"

:uzi: :rocket:

heheheh kalk does it for sure they hate it :) just sucks having to pull the rocks out !! i try not to ever disturb the rocks unless its a must !! knock on wood only one time to get out a yellow tang !!

justmy2cents said:
Why not try joes juice? I'm gettin mine on Tuesday. Logan said the stuff works great. :mrgreen:

I've heard from numerous others that this works wonders as well.

I have used joes juice. In fact i did a product review on the stuff a few months back. Just that i ran out. I have some Kalk here already, and i was planning on breaking up one of my huge rocks today anyway, so i figured id just kalk them. Even with the joes juice, you will have to go in every week or so to get the ones you missed.

I figured that. Since I was having to wait until Tuesday i decided to try a little lemon juice. The one I tried it on just shrugged it off and seems fine. :roll:

Are you just gonna split one of your rocks with a hammer? I have a few large pieces in my tank that i wish were smaller.....i have been wanting to split em up for a while now. Is it just as simple as taking it out of the tank and givin it a good wack? :lol:

I use a Hammer and a flat head screw driver. If you have a chisel, use that. Just tap the head of the scewdrive into the rock, making the shapes you want. I got 3 big and 3 small pieces from one huge rock, and a little pile of rubble that i threw into my fuge 8)

I took out the pieces in my 55 that had huge colonies of aiptasia and boiled the rock.....no more aiptasia. It did not seem to affect the filtration any either as I left most of the rock in the tank. IMO this is the only sure fire way to kill aiptasia.

Back
Top Bottom