i'm scared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donoree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i ordered the keys live rock from liverocks.com

the rock is scheduled to come in tomorrow.

i'm sweating because a few months ago i purchased some live rock from my LFS and there were some critters in there that totally decimated my tank and killed everything!

i've been reading all the articles on what to do with liverock, but it seems like everyone has a different opinion.

the very nice dudes at liverocks.com say just throw the rock in

other say do a dip

my tank is relatively new (5 months). it has one yellowtailed damsel and fiji rock (which i dipped after my aquarium massacre) and my tank is 14 gallons.

i have 30 lbs of key rock coming in

what do you guys/gals, think?

30lbs of rock should be easy to dip. Just fill a 5gal bucket with RO water bring it up to tank temp and dip it for 2-3 min. The little hitchhikers should come running out. Just put what you want in your tank, into your tank and move the rest to your sump or qt till you decide what you wnat to do with em.

i got my live rock from liverocks.com and I did not dip any of it, no bad hitch hikers for me, and all my pods, feather dusters, etc all lived =)

There were alot of crabs, mantis shrimp and such in my rock from liverocks.com. Better safe than sorry....DIP.

liverocks.com has great lr but it is always better to be safe than sorry

Back
Top Bottom