im sick of waiting, where can i get lights retail store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought a nova extreme online, bulbs dead on arrival

i get replacement for free, dead on arrival

im pissed, and i cant handle it any more, what are some retailers i can buy 2x24 t5ho lights that are 24 inches?

i dont know what your asking, the light bulbs were dead on arrival

the packing didnt even say fragile on it, as soon as i opened the box i can hear all the loose fragments inside, i still tried plugging it in and it didnt work

im going to go buy a light at petsmart real quick to see if my fixture is broken, if its not ill pay for my own lights, if it is im going to return it and complain like a baby to the seller lol

ah so turns out that my fixture was broken, out of my rage i went to petco and paid 40...for replacement lights and they didnt work

i know for a fact the shipped bulbs were broken because of the loose filaments, the ones from petco had no loose filaments but ya..I am trying to get a replacement shipped to me or completely return it. This is stressing me hard ><

btw how did most peoples bulbs come packed? did their box say fragile on it? i dont understand how i get 2 boxes in a row of dead bulbs

Def. call the online store and tell your story of how the box was roughed up and wasn't handled properly, you thought just the bulbs were dead, but you tried new bulbs from a different store and they didn't work on the fixture. They will prob. refund or send a new fixture, but you may have to send it back and pay for shipping..don't really know what their policy is/how it works. And don't stress out, just be patient :).

yeah i was FURIOUS for an hour, but i calmed down after feeding my fish :)

They said they would exchange it but forget it, once amazons seller responds if i can return it, i will return it and buy a different fixture from a different site

i will now get a 4 bulb t5ho or maybe an led, you know what, im willing to spend up to 150 now just so this crap doesnt happen again

I've heard not the best for high light demanding corals and poor quality (some LEDs burn out very fast). It has to say reef capable if you want corals, not the other standard one. Are they 2 watt LEDs?

after some searching i found that im really limited in choices :/

looks like the nova extreme is the best bang for buck to be honest, might just do an exchange. I have a 20 long so its only 12 inches high

I've heard not the best for high light demanding corals and poor quality (some LEDs burn out very fast). It has to say reef capable if you want corals, not the other standard one. Are they 2 watt LEDs?

Where did you hear that? Almost everyone I know has dumped their MH fixtures and gone with high output LED. That boat sailed a few years ago. The only reason a LED would burn out too fast is a poorly made fixture that didn't heat sink them properly. Not many of them around anymore. The Marineland, while inexpensive and well made, just doesn't have enough LEDs in it to grow hard corals. It doesn't matter if they are 2, 3 or 4 watt LEDs, as long as the wattage totals up to what you need, you are good to go. You will find lots of folks on this forum that bought $750 LED fixtures and many more that bought $150 LED fixtures like the Taotronics. We are all growing hard corals just fine. Maybe I just misunderstood you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom