I'm so excited!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IworkatPSP

Aquarium Advice Activist
I come home from work today to find a contractor in my dining room. It turns out my parents want to knock out the wall and add on to our living room, and in the process build a tank into the wall. They picked out a 200gallon aquarium and are picking it up in 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, they're waiting til spring to do the addition, but I just can't wait to set up the new tank. I just had to vent my excitement somewhere, so here I am.

I will definately be posting pics as soon as the process begins.

you are very lucky..there are so many possibilitys for a 200 gallon,so what are your plans for stocking?

Can't wait to see pics. Considering how exicted I was with my 30, I'd probably have died from it if I had a built-in 200.

Are you brand new at this or have you had tanks before?

Make sure you take in progress pictures :) someone had a thread on here of their step by step isntallation of an in-wall tank. ( can't find the thread anymore) But it should look awesome!

WOW! That is really cool! My husband and I have talked about doing something similar. We want to put a 100 gallon between our kitchen and our bedroom walls, that way we can see the tank from our two favorite rooms.

Honestly, the possibilities are too great to decide now. Most likely will be a community tank with some nice corals. I've had FW tanks since I was a little kid, but after working in a lfs and seeing/hearing about my boss's and co-worker's SW tanks, I just had to start my own. I currently have a 30g with about 40lbs of solomon and fiji live rock.

All I can think of now, is that I need to start savin money. The 30g has cost me a good bit of money, so a 200g might put me in debt......or cause me to get a second job. :wink:

The contractor is coming to start the work on April 22nd, so as soon as they start, pictures will come and continue as they prgoress!

See, for me... I could drop the money on a huge tank. Build the stand & canopy. Buy the huge skimmer and pay for the huge lights. BUT... I would die having to pay for stocking, fish, inverts, rocks, sand, salt, filters, and ELECTRICITY. A 60 is already a large task. :D

200 gallons... Will do when I get a new job. :lol:

I dont think the 200g should put you in debt, after all it's your parents who decided to setup a tank. So they should be paying for everything you pick out for it :D

IMO, you should begin to line up hardware items based on your inhabitant goals. Some of these choices might dictate particular construction options. Electrical, plumming, space (based on hardware again) needs, etc, etc.

Might be worth it to have your game plan together before construction or the final cost estimates are agreed upon.

Good luck and have a blast!

Back
Top Bottom