I'm SO Happy!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Some of you had read my post on my missing peppermint and electric blue hermit. Well, I have partially good news - my electric blue hermit has returned from vacation!!!! I'm so happy because I thought he was the cutest little crab ever! :D However, the one peppermint is still MIA. My theory was that my electric blue hermit, "Bluey", killed the pep and dragged him inside a rock hiding his loot from the other hermits.... would/could a hermit kill a shrimp??

No, they are very fast. Besides most herimts are slow and clumsy. More than likely he died of natural means. Im not sure why, but whenever something dies most seem to point a finger and never think its time was just up.

You're right, it's just hard to say that something died for no other reason than it was time. I guess I knew that Bluey couldn't have killed my shrimp... just looking for that "reason" I suppose. :)

Yep, just get a new one. There one of my favorite shrimps, and sometimes unfortunately, they just need replacing.

the possibility exists that they were molting. Perhaps the hermit is finished and your shrimp is not. how long has it been missing?

It's been several weeks, I would say. However, there have been other times that the shrimp have molted and they would hide under/in their favorite rock, but were always still at least partially visible. But, I have definitely not seen any sign of the one shrimp in weeks it seems. :?

Back
Top Bottom