I'm so proud...Caught my mantis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsPeel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I received my shipment of rock from hirocks today so I decided now would be a good time to rid myself of PIMA. What I did was buy a bottle of seltzer and with my baster (note to self:buy new turkey baster) squirt selzter into each hole. Sure enough, he ran right out. I should add that I knew what two rocks he had made is dwelling in so I didn't squirt each rock I had. I ahve only seen this one, so I am ignorantly and blissfully going to believe I have rid myself of the mantis menace. I have him in my 10g qt tank right now. When I was going to buy RO water today, I mentioned about the mantis, he said he would trade me the shrimp for something I wanted at the store (i.e. snails) Is that a good deal? Should I ask for a damsel or something? Or keep it to snails?

I managed to snap a few pics of PIMA, I admit, if I was into his type I would keep him. He is a curious fellow and loved to pose for my camera.

I'm so proud!!!!

nice man, I caught a damsel in a 55 w/ over 100lbs of rock I too am proud.I'd take some snails for it why not

Here are 2 pics I took of PIMA...should I feed him? And if so what? He is not camera shy as soon as he say the camera he zoomed right out for his close up.

I would go for the snails, but not the damsels.... I had several in my tank after adding about 50 lbs of live rock... What a mistake that was.... :oops: I had to tear down my entire reef to get them out.. :evil: After that, I took them up to the LFS and traded for snails..... 8)

Nice catch..... I had to dunk a 45 lbs rock in fresh water for 45 mins and I still never saw the body..

Back
Top Bottom