Im thinking about buying this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://bit.ly/1a8YsLQ

Any thoughts. I won't be paying the asking price. I told him I wouldn't pay more then a thousand for it.

not a terrible price, IF the equipment is good quality, but from the looks of it you will need probably another 100 lbs of live rock in the tank. plus the queen, blue line and possibly the lion will outgrow that tank. Hopefully hes not selling it due to issues or improper set up.

I know the guy. He works at a lfs. There's another 30 pounds of live rock in the sump. LEDs are only a few months old. He's trying to buy a house. The only fish I'd keep is the tang

I know the guy. He works at a lfs. There's another 30 pounds of live rock in the sump. LEDs are only a few months old. He's trying to buy a house. The only fish I'd keep is the tang

I personally like 1.5 lbs of rock per gallon especially with rock grazing fish such as my tangs and angel. The rock in the sump is fine but IME hiding places for fish especially tangs (prone to ick and stress) reduces chances of long term illness. I think you're paying about what its worth without knowing the brand of equipment. I wouldn't say you're getting a wicked good deal or a bad deal. I think you'll be ok with that price IF the tank is healthy. Just because he owns LFS doesn't mean he takes the best care of his personal tank.

He works at one. I agree with 1.5 pounds. I plan on putting my 60-70 pounds out of my 55 in it as well as buying another 30-40 pounds. He's got a coralife protein skimmer in it and I'm not sure about the lights. Basically I'm going to part some of it out. Like the lights, fish, protein skimmer. I'll put my taotronics on it

He works at one. I agree with 1.5 pounds. I plan on putting my 60-70 pounds out of my 55 in it as well as buying another 30-40 pounds. He's got a coralife protein skimmer in it and I'm not sure about the lights. Basically I'm going to part some of it out. Like the lights, fish, protein skimmer. I'll put my taotronics on it

If its a 6ft tank you'll need 3 taos to support coral growth. A tao is only good for two feet on each unit "supposedly". I have 3 on my 210 and run them much higher than everyone else claims to keep theirs on and have success. Mine run 70-80% on all three.

Back
Top Bottom