Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ack! That soon? I'd do it now, but we have the couches, fridge to buy and tank to order before we move into the new house (Dec). I'll have to wait to October before I can fit in between stuff. It's kind of tight with the move date coming up and all. We were planning on doing the rooms, car rental and raffle tickets in January. Is that a still possible time frame? Tickets in Oct and hotel at the end of January?

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Thats defiantly doable. The ticket prices will be higher in Oct but shouldnt be at full price yet. The hotel shouldnt fill up until summer if it does fill up. The hotel is a 76floor tower.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good, then I will stick with that plan then. Thanks for all the info, this is going to be exciting to plan for!

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 09-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Aaron,

I was nice meeting you at MACNA. It sure was a great event; I ended up coming home with some corals, clams and fish. There is so much to see and so much to buy it's almost overwhelming. Some of the equipment on display was super expensive while other stuff was what you would expect to find in a nice fish store.

I agree, the zero edge grand prize tank was super impressive on the show floor but I'd like to see it in about 5 months when its growing algae on both sides of the glass.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I'm jealous of you guys.

Pictures were great, but what about pics of the AA booth? Hehe

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by An t-iasg
dinner (it was noisy!)
Noisy?! Say it ain't so!

Yeah, NJRC was there in force, making just a LITTLE bit of noise. There were 20 or so folks from NJ in attendance at MACNA XIX (often traveling in packs). We had a great time. I've resized my bazillion pictures, but haven't picked through them yet to decide what to post.

We are most certainly headed to Atlanta in 2008!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok, I moved some things around and bought the tickets but I had no receipt or anything. Do they send you the tickets or something or verify by email? Thanks!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

It probably depends on how each individual host club handles it - for MACNA XIX I mailed a check and got a receipt by email saying paid in full. I printed that out just in case I needed it and took it with me. At the registration area, I just gave my name and they knew I had already paid in full and they had my packet and materials all ready to hand to me.

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:42 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah my husband just got the email too and forwarded it to me. So I am all set to go. Can not wait. We are going to wait until Jan-Feb to reserve the rooms, but hopefully we'll get in on the rooms as well.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I finally got around to uploading photo from An t-iasg that she took at MACNA.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com