Images from MACNA XIX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have setup an album in the photo gallery for MACNA XIX images. I am putting allot of images up there myself right now that I took at the exhibit hall. I haven't had a chance to edit them or resize them so if you click to get a full size image they will be quite large but hey thats the best part.

Some of the tanks here in the exhibit hall are awesome and I have to say the 6'+ skimmers are quite a site.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=597

I took a few videos but I will need to upload them somewhere after I resize them.

Wow, my husband and I looked at those pics and now I am definately going to go next year!!! That looks like christmas in there, we would have a blast!

Wait till I tell you that next year it will be in Atlanta, GA. Oh and it will be held right across the street from the Georga Aquarium. Oh and the Gala bash on Sat night will be IN the Georgia Aquarium...

http://www.macnaxx.com

Look for more information on that site as well as being posted on this site as it develops.

Its 8 hours and some change from me as well. Im thinking of driving half way on Thursday night and then the rest on Friday for the event. But then again at 8 hours im thinking of flying as well. With the price of gas at some point the milage becomes just as costly to drive than fly. I think its further than 8 hours but its not to much cheaper to drive.

The idea of 8+ hours in the car or just under 3 in the air is intreaging.

So far I have meet a good half dozen members today alone. I have asked a few of them to post about the sessions for those that couldnt make it.

Ok, we are settled, we are definately going to next years. We don't want to hassle with flying since we are so close and if I decide to pick up something while I am there I can put it in a cooler with some small ice packs. Couple of questions. When does the rooms start filling up and selling out? Why does the date say 2007? Is it for that same date but 2008? TIA.

If I heard correctly at the dinner (it was noisy!) the dates for MACNA XX will be September 5-7, 2008. The early bird special for individual registration is $89, but I don't know how long that price will be in effect. After a certain date, the price will go up.

The early bird price is good till the end of the month as I have been told. Who knows about when the hotel will sell out although its the tallest hotel in the eastern hemisphere so I doubt it will be for a while if it does sell out.

Well the conference is about to close. I will remain for the raffle to see all the stash people come away with. To imagen you can walk away with a 100+ gal complete setup.

The zero edge tanks look awesome but I have to ask about the functionality as far as a long term setup since the water flows on both sides of the tank walls but it does look nice on a show room floor.

Ack! That soon? I'd do it now, but we have the couches, fridge to buy and tank to order before we move into the new house (Dec). I'll have to wait to October before I can fit in between stuff. It's kind of tight with the move date coming up and all. We were planning on doing the rooms, car rental and raffle tickets in January. Is that a still possible time frame? Tickets in Oct and hotel at the end of January?

Thats defiantly doable. The ticket prices will be higher in Oct but shouldnt be at full price yet. The hotel shouldnt fill up until summer if it does fill up. The hotel is a 76floor tower.

Aaron,

I was nice meeting you at MACNA. It sure was a great event; I ended up coming home with some corals, clams and fish. There is so much to see and so much to buy it's almost overwhelming. Some of the equipment on display was super expensive while other stuff was what you would expect to find in a nice fish store.

I agree, the zero edge grand prize tank was super impressive on the show floor but I'd like to see it in about 5 months when its growing algae on both sides of the glass.

An t-iasg said:
dinner (it was noisy!)

Noisy?! Say it ain't so!

Yeah, NJRC was there in force, making just a LITTLE bit of noise. There were 20 or so folks from NJ in attendance at MACNA XIX (often traveling in packs). We had a great time. I've resized my bazillion pictures, but haven't picked through them yet to decide what to post.

We are most certainly headed to Atlanta in 2008!

Ok, I moved some things around and bought the tickets but I had no receipt or anything. Do they send you the tickets or something or verify by email? Thanks!

It probably depends on how each individual host club handles it - for MACNA XIX I mailed a check and got a receipt by email saying paid in full. I printed that out just in case I needed it and took it with me. At the registration area, I just gave my name and they knew I had already paid in full and they had my packet and materials all ready to hand to me.

Yeah my husband just got the email too and forwarded it to me. So I am all set to go. Can not wait. We are going to wait until Jan-Feb to reserve the rooms, but hopefully we'll get in on the rooms as well.

Back
Top Bottom