important question pls help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joseramentol

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have a 30 gallon fish tank wich i have on top of my night stand and i decided i wanted it to look nicer so i built an actual fish tank stand,im guessing i have to take the water out to transfer it from 1 stand to the other :facepalm:

my quest: if i take all the water out and put it in a container once im done moving the tank will i have to add new water n cycle my water all over again or can i just add my same old water?? :confused:

You can just add the same water back but with everything getting disturbed I would reccomend a large wc so only add back like 50-75% of the old and replace the rest with new

You can just add the same water back but with everything getting disturbed I would reccomend a large wc so only add back like 50-75% of the old and replace the rest with new

:thanks:thanks a lot i really appreciate the advice i should have really thought about this before puttin that tank in a night stand lol

joseramentol said:
:thanks:thanks a lot i really appreciate the advice i should have really thought about this before puttin that tank in a night stand lol

Depends how far you have to move it maybe just take out a portion of the water then a couple strong guys should be able to move it obviously not up or down stairs lol me and a buddy moved my 55 full of water and rock we only moved it a couple feet tho and only few inches at a time but with a 30g you can move it

Not to jump in your thread but I wanna put my biocube 29 on a different stand. It's on my end table not but I want it a little higher. So I thinking if I take about half the water out and just lift it up onto the other stand it should be ok. Just don't want the bottom falling out

22engine said:
Not to jump in your thread but I wanna put my biocube 29 on a different stand. It's on my end table not but I want it a little higher. So I thinking if I take about half the water out and just lift it up onto the other stand it should be ok. Just don't want the bottom falling out

1g water = somethin like 8.8 pounds so add the weight of rock and tank then decide if its a weight you can manage i highly doubt the bottom could fall out

Well not by myself but one on each side I was thinking

22engine said:
Well not by myself but one on each side I was thinking

I think itd be a fairly easy move good luck :) lift with your legs :):)

Going to be a little bit. Can't decide if I wanna build one or buy the biocube one.

joseramentol said:
so i have a 30 gallon fish tank wich i have on top of my night stand and i decided i wanted it to look nicer so i built an actual fish tank stand,im guessing i have to take the water out to transfer it from 1 stand to the other :facepalm:

my quest: if i take all the water out and put it in a container once im done moving the tank will i have to add new water n cycle my water all over again or can i just add my same old water?? :confused:

You may have mini cycle depending how long your sand/ rock is exposed and how much die-off occurs.

22engine said:
Going to be a little bit. Can't decide if I wanna build one or buy the biocube one.

Id build that way you can make it whatever height you like i hate bending over to look at my reeftank wish i could just walk up and view it just my opinion

danbstrong said:
Id build that way you can make it whatever height you like i hate bending over to look at my reeftank wish i could just walk up and view it just my opinion

Funny you say that. Mine is only a little over 2 feet off the floor. I'm sitting on the floor looking at it cause I added some new inhabitants. Check out my thread if you want. My biocube journey.

My 55 is on a custom stand that the previous owner built. It is a nice stand...just short and has no purpose other than housing equipment. I wish I could have got my sump in there.

Basically, build the stand yourself. It will then fit the needs for your system, rather than someone else's.

Sniperhank said:
My 55 is on a custom stand that the previous owner built. It is a nice stand...just short and has no purpose other than housing equipment. I wish I could have got my sump in there.

Basically, build the stand yourself. It will then fit the needs for your system, rather than someone else's.

Very true. Then I can stain it to match the coffee table. The wife probably won't go for the black factory one. Then I guess it's settled. I'll build one.

Very good advice but make sure you keep the rock wet as you dont want the nitrifying bacteria on it to die off or you will have to cycle over again.

Very true. Then I can stain it to match the coffee table. The wife probably won't go for the black factory one. Then I guess it's settled. I'll build one.

thats the best way you can do it im building my own stand ill prob take pictures and post it, so far its the best thing i did instead of buying 1 just for the reason you can make it to your own exact measurements as big, as little or anyway you want it

Back
Top Bottom