Impulse buy - mushroom rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
had no intentino of buying mushrooms but the LFS had this one rock full of red, blue and green and it looked too cool to pass up.

Question, I'm running 4 39w T5's, how high in the tank can I put this rock? Is mid tank ok or should it be in the sand?

Should be OK. What size tank are we talking? Remember also that a rock of mushrooms will soon become a tank of mushrooms. LOL. Good luck with them.

I'm cool with the blue and red spreading. 55 gallon so its 18 inches high with the lights basically in the hood. Ive got every kind of coral under sun and have never had a light issue but I ve read mushrooms like low light. Just don't want to burn them or anythign.

Animal-Chin said:
I'm cool with the blue and red spreading. 55 gallon so its 18 inches high with the lights basically in the hood. Ive got every kind of coral under sun and have never had a light issue but I ve read mushrooms like low light. Just don't want to burn them or anythign.

Your running stock lights ?
They maybe wont die, but probably won't grow fast .

Not stock, 4 T5HO bulbs, 2 actinic+ and 2 10,000k. I had it open top but my fish kept jumping out so I made a hood that house them.

Animal-Chin said:
Not stock, 4 T5HO bulbs, 2 actinic+ and 2 10,000k. I had it open top but my fish kept jumping out so I made a hood that house them.

Ahh oh I miss understood that , ur lights are fine :)

Back
Top Bottom