In my filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mo8cinco

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-557151344.jpg

Look at it right in the middle of the pic and there's 3 in the top right corner. I found them in my filter. They look like bugs!!!! What are they and are they harmful????

I have a lot on my filters also. Is their any way to stop them from getting in the filters? I have a 150 gallon tank and very porous rock. I take them off the filters at night. Turn off all my pumps and add them back. Most of the seem to end up back on the filters again because I look at night and I don't see that many in my tank.

If they are getting in your filters, there are many of them. I used to peel them off of my filter socks too before washing them. I ended up not using filter socks any more.

Yes I am getting tired of pulling them off. But I am wondering if they are multiplying or just the same ones falling drown the overflow. The reason I say this is at night I shine a flashlight in my tank and I don't see many at all but I can pull 150 plus off of my filter socks.

Back
Top Bottom