In research phase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is an update on my new tank. I judged added my invertebrates. I am still deciding what kind of fish I want to put in In a couple of weeks. I definitely want a pair of clown fish but it is only a 36 gallon tank. Thoughts on what pairs well with clowns?

Jessica

Here is an update on my new tank. I judged added my invertebrates. I am still deciding what kind of fish I want to put in In a couple of weeks. I definitely want a pair of clown fish but it is only a 36 gallon tank. Thoughts on what pairs well with clowns?

Jessica

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456568412.633009.jpg

Jessica

Wow im jealous i want to start a saltwater aquarium really bad... anyways its looking good cant wait to see how it turns out

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looking good but...

I'm going to be honest odds of that starfish living at present is very slim due to how new the system is an LFS should of advised you against it starfish especially need a lot of food and sadly at present your system simply will not have that as it takes time for the ecosystem to come together nothing good happens fast in a marine tank.

If at any point you start to see it like melting get it out of the tank as it will foul the water.

I really hope it lives but I'm just being honest and giving you the heads up to the likely outcome

:)

Thanks. I plan to hand-feed it shrimp pellets about 3-4 times a week since my tank is only 3.5 weeks old. No, I won't let my pets starve.

Jessica

Don't add anything more just yet, I wait a month al least for the cycle to complete and stabilize a bit. A pair of clowns would be fine but add them last as they can get aggressive and they are a type of damsel. I would look at fish like the clown goby or a watchman goby. Inverts should be last added as they can be more sensitive to water Parms and starfish just really don't do well over all in smaller reefs as they starve easily.

In my 29g BioCube my stocking (will be) 2 Banngai Cardinals, a Blue Fin Watchman Goby, and a pair of Misbar Ocellaris Clowns. Definitely get a Watchman Goby they are very cool! For the other room in the tank go for something like Cardinals, or RGBs.

Back
Top Bottom