In wall build questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm currently in the process of getting parts together to do a 55gal in wall build. It will be view able from both side of the tank. The sides and top will be covers. My question is what is everyone doing to hide their filters and what not? Currently the best option I see if a HOB overflow draining down into my sump then place the return on the opposite side of the tank. I'm trying to prevent putting things in the tank that could obstruct the view.

You can have the return and drain on the same side. Check out my setup (link in signature); I have a black plastic piece that hides my drain and return pipes and it just takes up a small part of the corner. Also, it drains underneath to the sump so I can have it right against the wall in the corner with cords being the only thing preventing glass from touching the wall.

How is your setup going to look? Do you have a room where the filters are going to be, or a basement?

I do like the idea of a cover like yours. I'm actually thinking of just drilling the tank and have it feed the sump then have a return on the same/opposite side. There will be plenty of room below the tank as it's going to be on a custom cabinet setup.

Back
Top Bottom