in walltank in under 3 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MYTY1705

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all some of you read a post I wrote about asking about a small cyle. Well here is the update.

Wednesday night: broke tank down and put 30 gallons of the existing water, fish and rocks into buckets.

Thursday: framed the wall out.

Friday: got home to dried up clown on floor :( and got the sheetrock put up.

Saturday morning: installed the tank in the wall and then mud and taped the wall (no sanding, am going to spanish drag).

Well tank is running for 3.5 day and no pr0blems yet. I replaced the sand bed using all araganite sand rather than the silica sand I had before. Did not loose any hermits or snail only the clown due to suicide.

This is the second fish to commit hari kari. Am now dosing with prozac to help with the situation. :lol:

My wife came home from Lubbock Saturday night with a new clown and a blue chromie. Not sure on the compatabilty so some help ould be nice on that. Buy one get $10 off another fish and she couldn't help herself. Man I love that woman!!!!!!!
I will submit my sorry pictures when I can figure out how to do it. They don't show a lot of detail but still fun.

Here are the pics I have. Sorry none of the finished wall. Have not gotten that far yet. Had to replace PIers under a friends home so havn't finished the wall yet. Will get those up when I get done. Thanks for all the interest. Sorry PC I know you were wanting to see the spanish in drag.

Attachments

• drywall_1.jpg
    drywall_1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 179
  • drywall_2.jpg
    drywall_2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 126
  • drywall_3.jpg
    drywall_3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 136
more pics

Attachments

• framing_1.jpg
    framing_1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 83
  • framing_2.jpg
    framing_2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 65
  • framing_3.jpg
    framing_3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 86
even more with fish

Attachments

• belle.jpg
    belle.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 61
  • illusion.jpg
    illusion.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 147
  • jack_and_jill.jpg
    jack_and_jill.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 49
First off well done, from my vantage point many miles East of you, it looks good. However, it seemed from the 1st set of photos it was viewable from both sides. How do get to the tank to do maint? Your final photo looks like theres no access, at least from the side the photo was taken?

..O ya, and wheres the spanish drag dude?

Ok PC, Check out framing 3 and drywall 3. Those pics show the back of the tank where the equipment is hanging. That is where the access to the tank is. It is not viewable ffrom both sides as you thought. There will be raised panel doors or curtains covering the opening for accessing the tank.

Later on when I get a sump I will cut a hole in the drywall under the opening and the plywood the tank sits on to plumb the sump.

And as for the spanish drag my wife changed my mind :evil: and we will be doing a plain texture for the wall and paint to match the red in the pics on the wall next to the tank.
Thanks for the compliments on the wall. I hope you all enjoy the pics!!!!

This may have been answered already, but clowns and chromis will do fine. I had 2 clowns and 4 chromis, and they all lived happily together. Just make sure not to overcrowd them, as crowding can make almost any fish unhappy.

Nice photos! My dream is to have a wall tank one day. :)
Hopefully in the next year or so I can.

I only have 2 small clowns 1 chromis and 1 coral beauty in the tank right now. Only going to add maybe 1 lyre tail anthias or fire fish, some type of smaller fish.

Back
Top Bottom