In your Opinion....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Whats the best DIY skimmer you have built and used. I've been checking out tons of DIY skimmers and haven't actually built one yet. But I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Oh my I want to build a skimmer can you send me the site where you found the info because my skimmer is a piece of garbage.

If I were going to build a skimmer, I would probably go with something of the same design as the Aqua C models using a spray injector instead of a venturi. It would be fairly easy to make and they work great with few maintenance problems. I don't have a link to any plans, but I expect a Google search might turn up something. JMHO. Check the links section of this site for DIY links.

loganj said:
If I were going to build a skimmer, I would probably go with something of the same design as the Aqua C models using a spray injector instead of a venturi. It would be fairly easy to make and they work great with few maintenance problems. I don't have a link to any plans, but I expect a Google search might turn up something. JMHO. Check the links section of this site for DIY links.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3bf288c5818b87887af6c3ad12726b01&threadid=30941

Check out that thread. A guy made a mini skimmer that uses the injection for a nano system, but he said just making it bigger will work for bigger tanks. Its 30+ pages...so theres quite a bit of reading to do.

GL

Back
Top Bottom