Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Inherited 30 gallon. what should i do??

So i just inherited the 30 gallon that i had to let go. I'm staying saltwater and going to keep it simple. should I just house 1 dwarf lionfish or make it a coral frag growing tank? I don't want to populate it, I just want to keep it simple. Any ideas are welcome!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:17 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

In my completely biased opinion :p, make a frag tank! If you are just looking for something simple (and to scratch the itch that is saltwater tanks) you can't go wrong with a frag tank. Often one fish like a lionfish can get boring, and upkeep and maintenance can be rough with a fish like that in smaller tank.
With a frag tank, you can constantly fill it with new awesome acquisitions, and if you are good to them, you get a lot more back from it then any other type of tank.
But then again, i'm totally a coral guy.

Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

haha, yeah i hear that. i'd love to do a coral and frag into my other tank, but something in me is yelling predator! but the upkeep for a coral community would def be easier!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:50 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Frag tank sounds cool. Maybe do a few schooling fish and some neat inverts like a pom pom crab. I have aslo always wanted a couple black clownfish and a RBTA and have it be a breeding tank.

If I did a predator tank I would want it to be bigger to house an eel, a big lion, butterfly, a puffer, and maybe a grouper.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:18 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

good suggestion! i forgot about the inverts! a frag with some cool crabs and shrimp would be cool. maybe pair just a watchman goby and shrimp. the possibilities are endless..kind of. i just want a really low maintenance, small amount of if any amount of fish. i still have my 46 im dealing with but i cant let the 30 collect dust in my basement!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Update: found a great deal on 120g. Probably selling 30 gallon with stand lights heater and AC filter. Looks like I may be on my way to 100+ sooner than I thought.
Take it slow...
Old 06-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Congrats

Tags
30 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com