Initial Tank cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndiH011

Aquarium Advice Activist
I all,
Can anyone share some good advise on thoroughly cleaning a tank before I set it up?

I have recently bought a pre used Aquareef 200, this has old algae growth Welded to the back panel and the sump is pretty mucky too. Can any one advise on a safe way/method or product that will remove the growth easily without the use of excessive force ie scrubbing that may damage the tank itself?

I will be setting up a coral reef environment and am cautious of using certain products that may have an adverse effect on the reef once I get it up and running

AndiH011 said:
I all,
Can anyone share some good advise on thoroughly cleaning a tank before I set it up?

I have recently bought a pre used Aquareef 200, this has old algae growth Welded to the back panel and the sump is pretty mucky too. Can any one advise on a safe way/method or product that will remove the growth easily without the use of excessive force ie scrubbing that may damage the tank itself?

I will be setting up a coral reef environment and am cautious of using certain products that may have an adverse effect on the reef once I get it up and running

This is my Aquareef 200 note the old algae growth on the back panel any suggestions will be gratefully received

Many thanks in advance

Andi

Attachments

• image-4091382796.jpg
    image-4091382796.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 92
Vinegar will disolve old coraline algae. I emptied a bottle into my biocube, filled it with water then ran the pump over night. Next day i could wipe it off with a cloth....

Just don't leave the vinegar in for longer than 24 hours. It is an acid after all and given enough time it will corrode anything plastic.

Back
Top Bottom