Installed a Nanny cam to check on my reef aquarium when I am on vacation or at work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefermadness52

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Nexus 7 that I wasn't really using so I installed some Android software on it to let it become a camera server that I can access via the internet.

Here's a You Tube video demonstrating how I can use it...

http://youtu.be/d0r3BMgwey0

How cool would a mini sub with a camera and with a remote be? you could zoom around your rock work and coral. I'd buy one....

How cool would a mini sub with a camera and with a remote be? you could zoom around your rock work and coral. I'd buy one....

If buy it also. Wife would hate it but the kids would love it almost as much as me.

I actually have a crappy security can at home I can access from an app on my phone I use to check up on things in the tank. I work out of town and the wife always "sighs" if I ask her to report on the tank for me.

There is a new app on I phone called presence. It allows you to use an old iPhone as the camera and you can stream it through your new phone. I'm due for an upgrade soon and fully doing this.

I am using a program called LogMeIn. A free app for the iPad, $29.99 for the Android. The download for my Windows 7 machine is free from logmein.com. I use that to access my computers router remotely. Works flawlessly for me using a T-Mobile hotspot through my cell phone. Never tried Ustream though... Hope this helps...

I am using a program called LogMeIn. A free app for the iPad, $29.99 for the Android. The download for my Windows 7 machine is free from logmein.com. I use that to access my computers router remotely. Works flawlessly for me using a T-Mobile hotspot through my cell phone. Never tried Ustream though... Hope this helps...

Thanks! Seems easy enough. Ive been meaning to figure out how to do it for when I go away in a few months

Is there anyone willing to do a step by step for IP WEBCAM app on Android? not sure what I did wrong in port forwarding for my Netgear router

Back
Top Bottom