Instant Ocean downsizing their big bucket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
At the TN "Gathering" I saw a 160 gal bucket of IO in Burnies shop. WHen I asked Burnie about it he told me that apparently they are no longer offering 200 gal buckets to the retail market but instead gone with a smaller 160 Gal bucket with a new 'pat pending' im sure twist off top.

Evidently there will stil be a 200 gal size but it will be sold in box's and will have individual unmarked 50 gal bags or something like that.

So all those 200 gal buckets of salt in the stores and online must be old stock.

Has anyone else seen this new bucket size start to appear in local shops?

Shows you how upto date my LFS is. They have at least 7 buckets of the 200 gal size. Of course at $70/bucket they will have that size for quite some time aswell.

My LFS has had the new 160 gal "screw off" top :twisted: IO buckets for a while but they are selling the IO 200 gal for $50 CDN and this week's special is buy 3 for $135.00
( $45 CDN each or approx $36 USD)

targaboy78 said:
My LFS has had the new 160 gal "screw off" top :twisted: IO buckets for a while but they are selling the IO 200 gal for $50 CDN and this week's special is buy 3 for $135.00

To bad I'm not close, dang. I need some more salt for my new tank :)

targaboy78 said:
Which store and do they sell kent?

Cheers
Steve

Yeah, I just got the new 200 gal box and the 160 bucket. they both are running 44.99 each. The new buckets are pretty cool.

The last IO I bought came in a different bucket although it was still 200 gal. The bucket was shorter and wider. It also didn't have the resealable lid. It came with this cheap thin lid that is pretty much destroyed when you open it. I haven't run across the 160gal buckets yet.

No worries, but nice price on the Maxi 12's though :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom