Inter-species love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrDoctor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

Am I having promiscuity in my tank???

My Blue Hippo Tang (Dory) is having a somewhat strange behavior, he seems to be (totally) in love with the Mandarin (supposedly a female)!

He leans himself against the Mandarin, sometimes it seems that he's trying to get under her, and sometimes it even seems that he's kissing her.

The Mandarin just ignores him and carries on with her thing and I never observed any aggressive behavior between them.

Is the Tang feeling lonely? Should I get one or two more? Has anyone else observed this kind of behavior?

Will I have Tang/Mandarin hybrids? :D

Oh, and by the way, what are "kudos"?

Interesting,

Will I have Tang/Mandarin hybrids?

NO. The reaon is that in the wild the mating habits of fish are very species specific. They are not like other mamals that can interbreed with any breed of its species. Fish will only breed with fish of their on species and only of their specific subclass of that species. (ie two different types of tangs will not breed even with them both being tangs)

Kudos ==> See the SiteHelp/Feedback forum. A quick search should turn up at least a dozen posts about it.

MrDoctor said:
8O :lol:

The "Tang/Mandarin hybrids" was a joke! (Geez!)
This time, but there have been in the past people posting questions related to yours and have been very serious.

Back
Top Bottom