Interesting clown behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Everytime I go near the tank without anything in my hands my 2 clowns react very happily.

But everytime when I go near the tank with the blue and white color Fish Dinner in my hand they go NUTS!!!

That is sort of amazing consider I only feed them once every 3 days. Do they recognize/remember the packaging color or can they even smell food is coming??? If yes I must say they are highly intelligent animal with superb memory.

Anyone got the same experience with this type of behaviour or other interesting behaviour?

My 2 clowns are far and away my favorite fish. Any time that I'm near the tank (top of the tank I mean) they are right there. When I do my water changes on their tank I just use a 5 gallon bucket and a 1 gallon pitcher to scoop water out of the tank into the bucket. I have to be careful not to get one of these fools in the pitcher. When I'm adding new water back to the tank they roll around in the flow kind of like taking a shower. Great Fish :)

Actually I feed with a turkey baster.. And when the fish see that they all gather around it..including the hermit crabs and shrimp.. Its pretty amazing because the second the baster comes into their view they are waiting and grabing at it or eating directly from the turkey baster. When I go near the tank without anything htey just swim up to great me and then go off on their way..as if to say no food fine then we don't love u lol. But yah pretty much the same reaction as urs!! :D

Katie

Back
Top Bottom