Internet fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisB

Aquarium Advice Regular
How much luck have yall had ordering fish or inverts off the internet? Also what websites have you had the most luck on? Would I need to give the fish more quarintine time(more then four weeks) and is there something i could do to avoid bad fish?

To avoid bad fish buy only from a reputable site. Most offer around a 10 day stay-alive guarantee. Some good ones are Pet Solutions, Drs Foster & Smityh, Marine Depot Live to name a few. No additional quarantine needs to be done for these fish. Just be sure to take time to acclimate them (more so than locally bought). I have had mo problems with Inverts and livestock purchased on-line. HTH 8)

I would buy from Live Aquaria which i beleive is foster and smith. If youve read about my post on pistol and cleaner i was wondering about the shrimp goby i said i may be getting with the red banded pistol shrimp it comes with. I doubt the LFS would be able to get it.

To avoid bad fish pick up a copy of The Conscicious marine aquarist by Robert Fenner. He discusses good and bad species. Fish that are easier to care for. Some that are impossible. And What the meaning of sucess in keeping fish is. I would believe his reccomendations.

Back
Top Bottom