Introducing new frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am dipping everything in h202 now before it hits the tank

What is h202 ?
And what is flat worm ?
I'm assuming their bad ?

Acoel Flatworm
Image: Classification: Comments: Status:
Acoel Flatworm The acoel flatworm is a photosynthetic flatworm that can reach plague proportions. This is the main reason why they are undesirable, reaching plague proportions and smoothering sensile organisms such as corals. Another problem is that when they die, they release toxins into the water, which can make removing / killing them via chemical methods problematic. Some fish have a reputation for eating them, but it can vary between individuals whether they do or not. They tend to move slowly, but can move a significant distance in a hour or so. By observing closely, can see them glide over the surface and wriggle from side to side.

They are the devil to get rid of.

Attachments

• image-3088291680.jpg
    image-3088291680.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 105
Those red planaria pictured are not a big deal, their populations rise and fall with their available food supply also. It's things like acropora eating flatworms that you have to worry about. These don't die off until their food supply (acropora) is gone :(

For the zoos fungus a ro water dip works great. Google it. Leave them in for a couple mins you can re dip if needed. I did one colony for 15 mins never had it again.

so i just recently dipped my monti cap in h202 to get rid of some macro growing underneth it.. i did 3-1 water to h202 and let it sit in there for 3 minutes, after 3 days now my monti does not look to happy,, that is the first thing that has not taken the dip so well,, i dipped a digitata aswel and the polyps returned out within an hour.. so im hoping my monti makes a full recovery, just wanted to let you guys know that.. all ather sps and softies in my tank have been dipped in h202 and have made full fast recoverys..

so i just recently dipped my monti cap in h202 to get rid of some macro growing underneth it.. i did 3-1 water to h202 and let it sit in there for 3 minutes, after 3 days now my monti does not look to happy,, that is the first thing that has not taken the dip so well,, i dipped a digitata aswel and the polyps returned out within an hour.. so im hoping my monti makes a full recovery, just wanted to let you guys know that.. all ather sps and softies in my tank have been dipped in h202 and have made full fast recoverys..

Does the H202 only work for softies and sps ?
I thinking I read something about this only working for them .

I'm not sure. Spa I've just been extra careful. My monti cap seems to be getting some color back. And I can still see the polyps. So I think it will recover just fine

Back
Top Bottom