Introducing new frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking for ideas on introducing new frags/corals to my tank. What do you guys do? I just learned of the hydrogen peroxide method. Seem to work so far. Any other methods?

I don't mind the pests.. Most of them seem to b on the good side. It's the 3 million types of algae that show up

True. At first I liked all the unknowns of adding new corals.. Now I think I learned with all the algaes I've introduced. I can't seem to fight them off!!

Add one part saltwater. One part h202. Drop frags in. I've let leathers and mushrooms sit in the cup for 4 minutes. Sps' 1 minute or less.. Might b able to go longer. But you will see bubbling. Toothbrush any seen algae. And drop frag in the tank. Within a day or two the frag will be opening up like normal. I had a finger leather 100% covered in hair algae. And not extending... Scrubbed the crap out of it and let it soak for 4-5 minutes. The next day it was pretty much yelling thank you!!

H202 does kill all one cell organisms . So any copepod or shrimp on the frag will die

Add one part saltwater. One part h202. Drop frags in. I've let leathers and mushrooms sit in the cup for 4 minutes. Sps' 1 minute or less.. Might b able to go longer. But you will see bubbling. Toothbrush any seen algae. And drop frag in the tank. Within a day or two the frag will be opening up like normal. I had a finger leather 100% covered in hair algae. And not extending... Scrubbed the crap out of it and let it soak for 4-5 minutes. The next day it was pretty much yelling thank you!!

I have 1 candy cane that has algae almost covering the while thing except for the head .
It doesn't look happy at all .
I was going to try placing it in peroxide and scrubbing with toothbrush ,
Is there a proper way or anything I should watch for ?

I would even two parts water. One part h202. Maybe drop it in so it only goes up to the heads. I did that with mine. Just leave it in there for a minute. And if it handles it well. Do it again in a week or two. Maybe leave it in longer. But all algae will die on it. After its been dipped. Just put it right back in the tank

I would even two parts water. One part h202. Maybe drop it in so it only goes up to the heads. I did that with mine. Just leave it in there for a minute. And if it handles it well. Do it again in a week or two. Maybe leave it in longer. But all algae will die on it. After its been dipped. Just put it right back in the tank

I dipped it .
We will see how that worked ,
It really doesn't look happy now.

I put my frags in a container of water, and take macro shots of them with my camera. If I don't see pests, I toss them in the tank.
See here the eggs on this frag?
img_2668238_0_a325c82c4c1eb46e69a1d23653a78218.jpg

img_2668238_1_d00431ced966a5296d331022778eede0.jpg

Keep me posted on how it's doing! I'm going to say you will be just fine.
Me x. What camera is that . And what are the eggs? Is that algaes?

Back
Top Bottom