Introducing tangs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
Working on something in my new basement and I was just wondering how exactly I should go about introducing 6 tangs into a tank. I know your suppose to introduce them at the same time... but financially that would suck. I was wondering about doing 3 then another 3. Any ideas? Think they would all be ok with each other separated like that?

Tangs will be yellow, blue hippo, chevron, kole, d sailfin, and powder blue.

I just recently introduced a yellow, yellow eyed kole and a scopas at the same time. Had no problem with those three.

If you can't introduce all of them at once, you would go about base on their color and body shape. Tangs usually show more aggression to tangs that are more similar to them. When considering which three to add first, decide on color first and then on body shape.

You could do 1 at a time, starting with the least aggressive one(kole in your case) then ending with the most aggressive(Powder Blue & Yellow). I would add the powder blue and yellow together last, this is because both have been well known to kill any new additoins to the tank. You aren't going to add all 6 of these to the 75 gallon tank in your sig are you? If you did, you will end up with one tank later on. For a 75 I would recommend only getting the kole tang. Wait until you get a larger tank for any of the others. A 125 gallon would allow two tangs, which if you upgraded to it you could do a powder blue or yellow in addition to the kole tang. Just an FYI the blue hippo and D sailfin will be cramped in a tank any smaller than a 240 gallon tank, which you could do four tangs max without many problems. My 2 cents

they are going in a 8 foot 240 gallon in wall tank behind a bar. I will also have several other tanks in the fish room all fed from the same 75 gallon sump/refugium

Back
Top Bottom