Invert ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLTGF

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am constantly reading threads about people putting all kinds of sweet inverts in the tank... Well I'm jealous.

So I was hoping to get a quick brainstorm of some of the inverts that you've come to love.

My tank is 54 gallons. I have about 10 blue legs, 1 scarlet leg crab, 1 large hermit, 1 large snail, and about 5 medium snails. Oh and 3-4 nassarius snails for my CUC.

I also have 1 skunk cleaner shrimp.

I'm looking for some ideas - I've looked at lots, but just want to get the "IME / IMO"'s from you.

Thanks!

I love my emerald crabs. :) They are very entertaining and are good cleaners too. I would say get 2 for your tank at most. I have 4 in my 125g and 2 in my cube and my 20g. They get along great with my porcelain crab, which is another great little cuc addition.

The emerald was on the top of my list. Inexpensive and nice looking.

I was also thinking about another skunk or a blood / fire shrimp... not 100% on which yet.

Thanks for the ideas.

As for shrimp, I have only had one and that is my fire shrimp. I wouldn't trade him for nothing. LOL The colors are spectacular.

I like the fire shrimp, though i don't have any myself yet. lol They have spectacular color and look to be somewhat social. I also was partial to my skunk cleaner shrimps too. I just happen to like all inverts I guess. lol

I love my skunk cleaner and fire shrimp. They are just the sweetest creatures ever. My skunk cleaner will sit on my hand whenever I do tank maintenance, and my fire shrimp has just started to come up on my hand after a year :p Provably the most interactive aquatic animals I've kept.

--Adeeb

Thanks again for all of your inputs - I'm 99% sure that I'll be getting one fire shrimp and at least one, possibly two emeralds this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted.

I currently have a skunk cleaner that is awesome - cleans my hands all the time and my fish like him too.

I am unsure of the arrow as I had heard bad things about putting in reef tank. Cool little guys though.

Yup - I now have (2) emeralds, (1) fire, and (1) skunk.

It'll be a couple more hours before the new guys hit the tank.

Back
Top Bottom