invert questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

33w_fish_guy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well i have had my tank up for almost 6 months. Me and the wife are looking into getting an anemone for our lonly clown fish. Any suggestion? Also in reguards to additives and additional nutriens for invert is there one that covers everything needed in the aquarium?

YOur tank may still a bit young for an anenome. Most say to wait around a year before adding one, although many do it soomer as well. What size tank do you have and what type of lighting are you running?

I disagree with this whole one year thing. I'm not going to say it's bad but I think it is unecessary in some instances. I got a sebae when my tank was three months old(after a 6 week cycle) and it has grown steadily for the past 4 months. I'm not trying to say after a week get one, but if you have had a tank with stable water parameters and you can see new life in your tank on a regular basis that means your tank is flourishing. I believe under proper tank conditions the proper beneficial bacteria needed to have a "stable" environment are achieved rather quickly. Make sure you research your specimen first and understand what it needs to survive. If you can provide that and you honestly feel your tank is ready then I say do it.

Back
Top Bottom