Invert shopping list, can someone check this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scubasteve

Aquarium Advice Activist
I wanna order some inverts off liveaquaria thi weekend maybe and wanted to know if someone could look at this and see if theres any incompatibilities or have any warnings.
Also, is it ok to add them all at once, my idea was to order them all(if possible) so the 25 dollar shipping fee is a little mor ejustified

72 Gallon Tank:
1 Sea Urchin
1 Red Sea Star
1 Banded Coral Shrimp
10 Snails (Are there any that, if they fall onto my sand, won't die, right now i have a couple turbos and if they fall on the sand they cant get back up)

1 Electric Blue Hermit Crab

Thanks guys

I would tend not to get a urchin many of my friends and people i have talked to dislike them. What are your future plans for the tank? Corals, FO ????

scubasteve said:
10 Snails (Are there any that, if they fall onto my sand, won't die, right now i have a couple turbos and if they fall on the sand they cant get back up)
Then they where most likely not true turbo snails and probabey Astrea's instead. Good "self righting" snails are true turbo's, trochus, nerite, margarita and cerith. A few nassarius would be good for the sandbed as well.

Providing the tank has properly cycled and somewhat stable these will be fine except the star. They rarely do well in newer tanks and should be avoided until the tank has had some time to mature. As stated above the urchin can be a risk and should be properly considered. Some species will actually be fine in a reef tank though. That said, the blue tuxedo (Mespilia globulus) , might make a good choice.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom