Inverts?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are there any cool inverts I can get with my fish? Theyre in the sig. I have a refugium thats about 18x12x12. Could I put any in there? I leave my lights on all the time in the fuge but have rock so they could get some shade. Is it better to leave fuge lights on or go on off? I REALLY want some inverts and am willing to do almost anything besides get rid of fish lol. Shrimp are my favs. Could I put some in the fuge?

You can keep inverts in your fuge, I have a Harlequin in mine. But you will probably with want to run reverse lighting in your Fuge. Meaning when your main light goes on fuge goes off, or vice versa. Reverse light also helps keep your PH stable

I wouldn’t put anything in it that feeds on algae cause it kinda defeats the purpose. I say start a peaceful tank and enjoy them without having to open the doors of your cabinet to see them.

Well I cant start a new tank. Will the reverse lighting HELP? Could I actually put a watchmen IN the fuge?

Well it all depends on how your fuge is setup, but I wouldn't put a fish in there because it will just add to your bio-load. How is your sump divided?

1st chamber is 3 filter socks, then fuge, then return/skimmer area. I has black walls but the watchmen could probably jump into the return section. What could I use to stop him? Some sort of screen? Also, will reverse lighting actually help, or is it just for keeping the stuff in it? I would sacrifice the lighting. Also, would I be able to keep CLEANER SHRIMP? I tried 2 before, and they actually lasted for a couple of days. My salinity was at 1.021 which could have killed them and then their corpses eaten. Should I try them again? My grouper got up real close to them and didnt do anything. Should I?

Yes you could probably keep a cleaner in your fuge if you run the light in reverse. Running reverse lighting in your fuge will also help with keeping your ph constant. I wouldn't put a fish in there as it will add to your bio-load and could find it way to your skimmer or pump chambers.

Could I put the cleaner in the tank? I really want my fish to be cleaned lol. Also, they look really cool. They were fine at first, and were hiding for the first couple days. I atually think the salinity killed em. Should I try them again?

Back
Top Bottom