Do you have any more information on the effects of dosing over .06 ppm?
Nope, just that iodine is a poison, and there is no real evidence it does anything for any of our inhabitants. There is some antecdotal evidence that iodine can improve the color of some SPS
, but nothing concrete. I do not advocate the use of iodine without testing, because it is too easy to overdose, once per month isn't dangerous, but some have the opinion that if some is good, then alot must be great, and nothing could be further from the truth. Iodine is an antiseptic, it kills things for a living, it is found in NSW
at .06 ppm
(that's 6 parts per billion
), and there is no need to exceed that level in our tanks, exceeding that level could be extremely detrimental to our tanks