Ironic day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveM

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just finished my plans for a new stand and sump piping to be started on Monday. Finally going to dress my setup up to look professional. I go to buy the wood and supplies and while I am out my house got struck by lightning. One of my surge protectors to my tank completely blew up and luckily my wife was home to unplug before the tank went up into flames

I am fearful that lighting system was damaged but that's it. Thanks

WOW,,,very lucky your house didn't catch on fire...
Hopefully ,all it is ,is the lighting system

Knowing the storm was coming everything was shut down except that. My dog actually went crazy before the sparks started flying so we were prewarned I guess you could say. Not sure what insurance is going to do yet

FTMMWS said:
WOW,,,very lucky your house didn't catch on fire...
Hopefully ,all it is ,is the lighting system

Oh my gosh!! That's really scary! I'm glad everything is okay.

So I just talked to insurance company and after my deductible I will have a check for 5000.00 to fix my tank. I was in good hands with allstate I guess

DaveM said:
So I just talked to insurance company and after my deductible I will have a check for 5000.00 to fix my tank. I was in good hands with allstate I guess

WOW! you could Fix your tank and get a few more with that!

Glad no one was hurt & no serious damage & losses. Did you have the aquarium written into your policy at all?

No it's considered personal property. Nothing living was covered though but all my living stuff is fine

Back
Top Bottom