Is 2.5 gallons too small for a QT Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wally World has some small bow front tanks. My wife has a beta and live plant in one.

They have internal filters, Whispers I belive just the floss and carbon type. Would these make a ok OT tank?

They would be simple to to water changes on, a 5 gallon bucked would last a week with your water changes ! Toss in a cheap heater and your set !
Thanks ...
Rich

Agree with RR. Too small...

Does you Wal-Mart not have 10 gallon tanks? Mine has them for $10 here. You may want to check and see if they are simply sold out if you can't find them.

Walmart.com doesn't list every item they sell in their stores on their site ;) Almost no one will ship a glass tank anyway, unless it is by their drivers.

Wally World, every one I've seen, carries empty 10gal tanks.

Their grossly over priced compared to LFS prices IME

Two dollars more expensive then LFS.

Do I need to "cycle" my QT water? I wouldn't think so since you have to do a water change every few days. Do I NEED to cycle the water? I don't have room to keep a QT tank running 24/7. Every few months I can break it out, fill it heat it, break in the new fish and swap him over....

What you can do is keep a sponge in your sump. The bacteria will seed in it. Whenever you need a qt tanks just fill it with water from your main and put that sponge in the filter. Viola, ready to go.
If you can't do that, just use water from your main and do daily water changes.

quarryshark said:
What you can do is keep a sponge in your sump. The bacteria will seed in it. Whenever you need a qt tanks just fill it with water from your main and put that sponge in the filter. Viola, ready to go.
If you can't do that, just use water from your main and do daily water changes.

Thakns for the info !
No sump here...yet.. dunno if I'm going to get one or not...

Matbe you can put in it your main filter somehow. Just for a week or so before its need.
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom