is 7.6dkh kH, low?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I do when my cal is low I dose 40alk and 50-60 cal that will raise the cal and mag. Since you dosed alk by itself for awhile that's why it's lower.my cal was at 380 when I started to dose and alk was 5.6, mag 1300. So you will get it just don't chase numbers if it's acceptable your fine. Try 40alk and 60cal. I feel you,I used to do wc with natural water the alk is 7.0 in the ocean so after a wc I was playing catch up. Skimming shouldn't affect it. Hang in there ever tank is different.

Kk, ill use those numbers above tomorrow morning And we'll see that will do. I got gallons of each KH,ca,mag from the package this afternoon so im good :) dude these things are pricy lol!

My tank is mainly sps I dose 15ml midnite doing That now lol and 15ml by noon the next day I keep my alk at 7DKH I run bio pellets in a reactor so it eats up my alk also.

What's your ca, and mag? Also what salt are you using?

I feel like every bucket of salt i buy is a bad batch. I use kent btw.

What's your ca, and mag? Also what salt are you using?

I feel like every bucket of salt i buy is a bad batch. I use kent btw.

Cal:420
Mag:1360
Salt: 1.026
Quick ? Do you roll the bucket of salt before you use it ? It's a good idea to do so I used to do that when I was using bucket salt mix reason for the roll is so that everything in the bucket can mix up.

You can't just dose alk and get optimal numbers. You have to dose mag, alk, and calcium if you don't do water changes every week. Alk and calcium are based off of a good amount of mag in the water. That's why they sy to dose mag, wait 10 min, dose alk, wait 10 min then calcium. It's a very complicated thing to figure out but once you do it's easy to make changes if you need to.

Back
Top Bottom