is 7.6dkh kH, low?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a quick update..

Yesterday I dosed 30ml in the morning and tested the water at night with the result

PH -8.2
KH -7.3
Ca -420

And today i dosed 30ml of that bionic alkalinity again and tested my water just now and here's what I got

Ph-8.1
KH-8dkh
Ca-410

Tomorrow ill be doing my week pwc so do i have to dose that alkalinity in the morning again before i do my water Change or after I do my water change?

My goal is to get my KH to 9.

I would dose like usually, just to keep it up. When you get to nine dose less maybe 15ml test then see if you need to add less or more. Test every day or two till you find the right amount. I don't bother testing mag all the time it drops slower and if cal and alk are good mag is good. Maybe one a month for me. To keep cal up you could dose 15-20 cal with 30 alk and the alk will still raise some. Usually I dose 40alk /30 cal, if cal drops some add a little more cal. When you figure your tank out it will be easy for you to keep it balanced.

Ok I did water change last Friday and then dosed the bionic alkalinity after. Yesterday I dosed the same amount 30 ml in the morning and so as today. My KH stays at 8.1dkh, calc-410, ph -8.1.

Should my KH be higher now that ive been adding 30 ml everyday? Do I need to increase the amount of that buffer being added to get to 9?

Also, now that my bionic part 1 is almost empty and my calcium bottle is still full, I went to the lfs to get the part 1 part bionic. The guy told me that I can't buy just part 1because its a 2 part buffer. Now I am thinking its useless for me to get the calcium bottle because i haven't even dosed calcium yet. What should I do?

That means your Alk is already saturated and not advisable to keep on dosing. Otherwise you will go back to same problem as before. No need to reach the 9 as long as mag and cal are good. It will just stabilize with regular pwc.

Ok I will hold off dosing tomorrow morning but ill still test everyday to see when it drops.

Where can I get a bionic bottle just the part 1-alkalinity?

I didnt dose this morning and when I tested my water an hour ago my alkalinity went down to 7.7dkh, ph =8.2, cal-410

My previous readings were
KH=8.1
Ph=8.1
Ca=410

I guess I have to dose everyday then. Maybe ill start dosing calcium too

Your corals are using the alk to build skeletons good problem to have. Dose 30 of each and if alk dips do 40/30 one day. Alk is hard to keep up in a closed system and with growth wc won't cut it. Cal at 410 is in the acceptable range. Does your lfs sell gallon jugs?that's the best value. Does the cal have trace elements and mag in it? If not you might want to find one that does.

If you distubed the substrate and reused it then that's where your ammonia is coming from. It's better to put new subtrate and just seed it with a handfull from old one.

Your corals are using the alk to build skeletons good problem to have. Dose 30 of each and if alk dips do 40/30 one day. Alk is hard to keep up in a closed system and with growth wc won't cut it. Cal at 410 is in the acceptable range. Does your lfs sell gallon jugs?that's the best value. Does the cal have trace elements and mag in it? If not you might want to find one that does.

My calcium does provide trace elements of which it contains mag too..

Ughhh its taking me forever to figure how much I have to dose for part 1 and part 2. Now that I've dosed 30ml on both for two consecutive days my
KH is down to 7.3dkh and my calcium is still at 410. I decided to test my mag and it was 1260.

Does this mean i have to dose mag too to increase my cal a bit?

What I do when my cal is low I dose 40alk and 50-60 cal that will raise the cal and mag. Since you dosed alk by itself for awhile that's why it's lower.my cal was at 380 when I started to dose and alk was 5.6, mag 1300. So you will get it just don't chase numbers if it's acceptable your fine. Try 40alk and 60cal. I feel you,I used to do wc with natural water the alk is 7.0 in the ocean so after a wc I was playing catch up. Skimming shouldn't affect it. Hang in there ever tank is different.

I notice you have both chemi pure and gfo reactor. I would use only one of them. It is possible that having them together with skimmer can affect your elements.

Yeah cause honestly i only have 35 frags in my tank and i can't justify them eating up so much of these elements lol

My tank is mainly sps I dose 15ml midnite doing That now lol and 15ml by noon the next day I keep my alk at 7DKH I run bio pellets in a reactor so it eats up my alk also.

Back
Top Bottom