is a 260 watt Coralife Aqualight COmpact Flourcent good ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
55 gallon standard tank with live sand live rock and just fish for now. I want to add some coral later down the line with some clowns...

Tank is still in freshwater mode...

Gettin all the stuff before setting it up !
Thanks !
Rich

yes it should be ok for some medium light corals but take it from someone that went PC lighting.... Get 2 250watt Mh bulbs.. you like it much better...

HTH,
James

Whether it is good or not will depend on what you want to keep, IMO, you could keep most softies, and most LPS corals and some SPS with that much light.

I havent heard great things from coralife. I would go with customsealife myself. They have good deals at marineandreef.com on smartlites and britelites.

Thanks for the replies guys !
The reason I like this light is because how it sits on my tank. The tank is in my living room and I (the wife) don't want anything hanging from the ceiling. Just something nice and compact, and looks good too. It's not going to be a full blown reef, life a few said, some soft corals and some shrroms, maybe a low light something a clown will take a liking to.
Thanks.
Rich

I looked at those lights, and ended up buying the smartlights w/ monnlights. First of all I got them for the same price, and got the moonlights. Second, the moonlights are the coolest thing ever. This fixture comes with legs so it sits on top pf the tank like the other. It is not quite as sleek, but from what I hear it is a much better fixture.

http://marineandreef.com/shoppro/power_HoodsMoon.html

Just my two cents.

:hat:

Back
Top Bottom